please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers for the build days are always needed as there is much work to be done. Skilled tradesmen and women are always needed. Volunteers duties include serving as painters, doing light construction labor, being a runner, and staffing the feeding station all day long. Chances are, there’s something you can do to help so if you’d like to participate in a work day or project please call Julianne at 772-713-6883
EDHAP works for five reasons:
1. The beneficiary must contribute time and effort to the project to a reasonable extent, within the limit of their capability.
2. There’s a sense of satisfaction from doing something constructive.
3. Volunteers see the results of their efforts.
4. We do not have to make a profit, and the recipient is
not saddled with an additional debt.
5. This volunteer activity will still benefit the community 50 years later.
Here are a few poems by Bob Walsh, EDHAP’s #1 Volunteer!:
|SPIRIT OF EDHAP
What do we do when a home needs care,
There is someone who can help you out,
Professionals who donate their time and skill,
It doesn’t matter what the need,
If our pace is often slow,
Most faiths say one should do good,
WHEN WE BUILD
By “ye bard” Wm. Shake.
When we mean to build,
We first lay out the plat,.
Then draw the model.
Gather stone and timber true,
And men of needed skill.
Then begin, each to his craft.
Let honest labor be thy rule,
Corner square and measure full,
Where plumb and level guide.
Out or in, it matters not
As each one had a hand,
But rightly done it credits all.
A house, a home, ‘tis all of that
And credits our fair land.